Commodity Risk Analyst
Mobius Risk Group is growing rapidly and seeking a Commodity Risk Analyst to join our team. The Analyst will support leadership and senior staff across Mobius’ front office functions including the Quantitative and Market Analytics team, Metals and Mining Group, Climate/Carbon Risk Management practice and the Risk Strategy and Strategy Implementation process. This is an entry level role with significant advancement potential for the right candidate.
Mobius Risk Group is an independent commodity and physical energy risk advisory firm. Founded in 2002, Mobius provides strategic advisory services including financial, physical, and commodity risk management and valuation, carbon strategy development, and regulated energy oversight for producers, consumers, distributors and capital providers backed by its proprietary C/ETRM, RiskNet.
RiskNet, a cloud-based platform with an easy-to-use mobile app, connects an entire organization with a single, comprehensive, controlled data source to drive more effective strategic decision-making amid volatile market changes.
Mobius integrates its technology, technology assisted services, and deep industry expertise to provide producers, consumers, and capital participants with timely, actionable and impactful insight for commodities and energy impacted commodities.
This is an entry level role with significant advancement opportunities. You will be interfacing directly with and supporting Mobius executive leadership, business line heads, and senior risk and execution leaders. The role will include model building, prospective client pitchbook and current client presentation development and editing, and position and risk modeling. In other words, you enable senior leadership to do their jobs more efficiently and effectively, while learning and taking on new responsibilities.
- Under supervisor, responsible for modeling commodity exposure of client’s production streams, including procurement requirements, physical sales contracts, and inventory.
- Work with mid-office and IT to input modeled requirements into Mobius RiskNet tm E/CTRM.
- Collaborate with IT to create client reports, including Risk and position summaries, daily P/L and exposure reports, credit reports, and carbon tracking.
- Regularly update changes in production, purchase requirements, and other contractual obligations; ensure position and risk reports are accurate and up to date.
- Reconcile client reports daily to ensure accuracy.
- Support the financial desk in the development of derivative hedge strategy, under the supervision of senior staff.
- Analyze commodity derivative market structure and find opportunities for clients to restructure or optimize combined physical and financial portfolio.
- Create presentations to explain derivative hedge strategy and physical sales/procurement strategy to clients’ senior management teams.
- Create and execute delivery of presentations for prospective clients.
- Support client onboarding and client project management as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record. Majors in quantitative or business related areas generally preferred.
- 1-3 years associated experience or internship.
- Requires strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Must be intellectually curious.
- Competitive drive.
- A keen eye for detail with an equal focus on process and execution.
- Ability to work with minimal direction to achieve goals.
- A thought leader and self-starter; entrepreneurial spirit and personal ownership.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to effectively present information in written and verbal form.
- Advanced skills with standard office software and programs required; Some programming skills preferred.
- Strong interest in financial markets, commodities, or environmental strategy required; some exposure to these areas via internships preferred.
How to apply
Please share your resume and interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.